Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement

You are so behind the times = မင္းဟာ သိပ္ ေခတ္ေနာက္က်ေနျပီ။ by Sayar MichaelLinLin

You are so behind the times = မင္းဟာ သိပ္ ေခတ္ေနာက္က်ေနျပီ။
။။။။။။။။။။။။။။။။။။။။။။။။။။။။။။။။။။။။။။။။။။။။။။။။။။။။။။။။။။။။။။။။။။။။။။။။။။။။။။
A. U Khin Aung Myint is an excellent speaker.
B. Yes, he's a good man. I like him.
Although I don't always see eye to eye with him.
A. ဦးခင္ေအာင္ျမင့္က စကားေျပာ ေတာ္ေတာ္ေကာင္းတဲ့သူပဲ။
B. ဟုတ္တယ္. သူက လူေတာ္လူေကာင္းတစ္ေယာက္ပါ။
သူန႔ဲ အျမဲ သေဘာထားခ်င္း မတုိက္ဆုိင္ေပမယ့္ ငါ သူ႔ကုိ သေဘာက်တယ္။
see eye to eye = to agree
---------------------------------
သေဘာထားခ်င္း တုိက္ဆုိင္တာ၊ အယူအဆတာ။
If two people see eye to eye, they agree with each other
- My sisters don't see eye to eye with me about the arrangements.
- I agree with the president on foreign policy but I don't see eye to eye with him on domestic matters.
- ႏုိင္ငံျခားေရး၀ါဒမွာေတာ့ သမၼတနဲ႕ ကၽြန္ေတာ္ အယူအဆ တူပါတယ္။ ဒါေပမဲ့ ျပည္တြင္းကိစၥေတြမွာေတာ့သေဘာထားခ်င္း မတုိက္ဆုိင္ဘူးဗ်။

(A) I don't always see eye to eye with my boss.
(B) I don't always see eye to eye with my girlfriend.
(C) I don't always see eye to eye with my parents.
(D) I don’t see eye to eye with my father on many things.
(E) The two of them have never seen eye to eye on politics.
(F) Alex was uneasy because he and his biological father had never seen eye to eye.
(G) They don't agree about everything, but when it comes to the most important issues they see eye to eye.
(H) It's funny how they've become friends even though they don't seem to see eye to eye on anything.
(တကယ္ရီရတယ္. တစ္ေယာက္နဲ႕တစ္ေယာက္ ဘာမွကုိ အျမင္မတူတာကုိ သူတုိ႔ သူငယ္ခ်င္းေတြျဖစ္လာတာ)
(I ) "Because the USA and China did not see eye
to eye when it came to nuclear testing there
was a lot of tension between the two countries."
Quick Quiz:
--------------
If you see eye to eye with someone you
a. like them very much
b. have the same opinion about something
c. argue with them a lot about something
..........................................................
A. There's one good thing about him :
he isn't behind the times.
He knows this is the 21 st century.
A. သူမွာ ေကာင္းကြက္တစ္ခုေတာ့ရိွတယ္။ သူက ေခတ္ ေနာက္မက်ဘူး။ ၂၁ ရာစုဆုိတာ သူ နားလည္တယ္။
Behind the times = not up-to-date.
---------------------
ေခတ္မမီေသာ ၊ ေခတ္ေနာက္က်ေသာ
If someone or something is behind the times, they are old-fashioned.
- The teachers in our school are not good teachers.
They are behind the times in their methods.
ကၽြန္ေတာ္တုိ႔ေက်ာင္းက ဆရာေတြက မေတာ္ဘူး။
သူတုိ႔နည္းေတြက သိပ္ ေခတ္ေနာက္က်ေနျပီ။
- They think that I am behind the times.
- I think his style of writing is behind the times.
- Sarah is a bit behind the times.
- Her clothes are quite old-fashioned.
- Our 90—year-old state senator is a bit behind the times.
- How can we be a successful company if our executives are so behind the times that they don't know what people want these days?
- Neil is really behind the times. He doesn't even know what rap music sounds like!
Quick Quiz:
--------------
My uncle Ron is always so far behind the times that he
a. never arrives anywhere on time
b. never knows what the date is
c. never knows what young people are interested in
.............................................................
B.. I like the way he got right down to business. He's a man of action.
ေတြေ၀ မေနဘဲ ခ်က္ခ်င္းလုပ္တတ္တာကုိေတာ့ ငါလည္းသေဘာက်တယ္။ သူက လက္ေတြ႔သမားကြ။
get down to business : begin working without hesitation ;
----------------------------------------------------------------------
ခ်က္ခ်င္း၊ မဆုိင္းမတြ လုပ္တာ..
- Let's get down to business right away- we will stop for coffee later.
- I have a plane to catch, so let’s get down to business.
ေလယာဥ္မီေအာင္ အခုသြားက်စုိ႔ ။
- If the introductions are over I'd like to get down to business.
a man of action = လက္ေတြ႔သမား
----------------------------------------
a man of few words = A man who says very little ( စကားနည္းသူ )
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
a woman of few words = a woman who says very little .
----------------------------
- My father was a man of few words, but when he spoke it was worth listening to.
အေဖက စကားအရမ္းနည္းတယ္.ဒါေပမဲ့ သူေျပာရင္လည္း မွတ္သားစရာေတြပဲ ။ ( နားေထာင္ဖုိ႔ ထုိက္တယ္ )
A man of his word = ကတိတည္သူ ၊ ေျပာသည့္ အတုိင္းလုပ္သူ ။
a woman of her word=
- He's always been a man of his word, that I must say.
- Ni Ni was a woman of her word - if she said she'd be here on Friday, she'd be here on Friday.
-If I say that I'm going to do something, I will do it, you can count on me... I'm a man of my word. 
ဆရာ Michael Lin Lin Facebook မွ ကူးယူေဖာ္ျပသည္။ (ဆရာ Michael Lin Lin က်န္းမာပါေစ)

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Close Menu